You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: vamp and djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Jezebelle
Zodiac:

TankStare wrote:Great info, darkshadoworb!

I'm just curious... for a noob, how do you protect yourself when using the pendulum? How exactly does one ground himself or shield himself?

Grounding

This connects your energy to the energy of the Earth. This has obvious benefits for followers of Earth-honoring religions, but it has additional uses as well. One, it serves as an anchor, making you more difficult to move by outside forces. Two, it serves as a source of additional energy in order to conserve or augment your own. Three, it provides a channel with which to send away excess or unwanted energies.

Simple Method:

Sit down and center yourself. Then move further down into yourself until you at the very tip of your spine. From here, imagine that a large tap root is growing down out of you and into the earth. Each breath pushes the root further down into the earth, plunging all the way in time to the very center of the Earth, her molten core. Feel the root reach into the heart of this core, flooded by warm, golden, healing energy. Now, use your breath to pull this energy up towards you. As it reaches you, breathe it up through your spine and let it radiate out into the rest of your body until you are entirely filled with the light of the Earth’s core. At this time, if needed, you may send unwanted energies back down the root to be recycled by the Earth (see self cleansing, below).

Variations:

Numerous different effects are possible in grounding. You can actually journey astrally into the center of the earth, by which you will gain other things than energy; you can send down a pillar instead of a root, which emphasizes the anchoring effect; you can send down roots from a standing position, and become a tree with flowers of energy blooming from your arms; you can elongate your astral legs until they touch the core of the earth, which frankly feels odd but is sometimes done. Once you master one method, feel free to experiment with others.

Another one of my favorite methods of Grounding I call the “Star Metaphor.” This is an easy, quick grounding that also helps me to center. To do this, stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart and stretch your arms out to the sides. Some folks like to face their left palms up and their right palms downward (incidentally, these instructions were written as if the practitioner was right-handed. Lefties might wish to reverse the directions).

Relaxing deeply, take a deep, cleansing breath and hold it for a few seconds before releasing. Now, do it again while drawing up a flow of white energy from the ground and up your left leg as you inhale. Inhale the energy until it fills the left half of your body (or as much as you’re comfortable) and exhale it down the right half and through the sole of your right foot, back into the ground. Repeat this for as many times as you are comfortable (young wizards often do this three to four times and adults usually do this from six to nine times).

Now repeat the same process, but draw the energy from the sky, down into your left palm, filling your body and exhaling it out through your right palm and into the ground. Again do this for as many times as you are comfortable.

Once complete, shake off any residual energy from your hands and you are grounded (and probably centered, too!).

SHIELDING
Shielding protects your personal energies (and by extension, you) from energies that are not in harmony with you. These can include anything from negative spells to unpleasant places to bullies to salespeople. Depending on the strength and intent of the shield used, it can range from a buffer against irritating coworkers to armor against a magical onslaught.

Simple Method:

Center and cleanse yourself. In your center, see the pool of colored light that represents your personal energy. Imagine that a mist of that color rises within your body, filling you completely. It continues to expand, out your pores, your nose and mouth, until it takes the shape of an egg around your entire body. This egg of light develops a hard shell that keeps out all unwanted energy.

Variations:

Most decent books will give at least one or two methods of shielding--sometimes they will be presented as “quick” forms of circle casting. Books by Scott Cunningham and Silver RavenWolf are suggested as starting places for experimentation. Shields can be created ahead of time and triggered by catch phrases, stored in objects, molded into different shapes, decorated with symbols. Individual chakras, parts of the body, or objects can have their own shields, as can entire areas. Here, more than in any of the other fundamental skills, there is room for individual experiment. In any case, you should cleanse yourself or your object before shielding, to prevent accidentally sealing in negative energies.

Never regret anything, because at one time... it was exactly what you wanted
jezebelle85
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

First of all when you choose a pendelum doesn't the stone have some meaning?

Bjorg
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: Leda Coral
Zodiac:

jezebelle85 wrote:First of all when you choose a pendelum doesn't the stone have some meaning?
For me it did. I picked a beryl gem which increases psychic awareness and heightens potential by allowing the mind to grasp the laws of nature. On top of that, I spelled it to increase psychic communications and protection.

Cattle die, kinsmen die; the self must also die. I know one thing which never dies: the reputation of each dead man.
Psy Vampire from paternal side; Woodland Fae, Merfolk from maternal lineage.
Aurorarose
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinns
If I could be anything, I would be...: Poltergeist
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Aurora Rose
Zodiac:

Mine is moonstone which also promotes psychic ability as well as healing and protection

Fallen angels at my feet, whispered voices in my ear, death before my eyes, lying next to me I fear, she beckons me shall I give in, on my end shall I begin, forsaking all Ive fallen for I rise to meet the end...
darkshadow0rb
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 13
Spelled Number: 3
Zodiac:

jezebelle85 wrote:First of all when you choose a pendelum doesn't the stone have some meaning?
Everyone is different and if you WANT to you CAN choose based on the properties of the stone that is used on the pendulum. But to answer your question, no, it doesn't absolutely "have to" mean something. It's all up to the individual's choice. certain stones MAY resonate better with your energy frequencies. But I would say that as long as you choose a pendulum that you like that was imbued for the purpose you intend to to use it, you can't go wrong! :)

Oh and great job posting the Grounding and Shielding techniques jezebelle85!! :D

Emerald
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
My magical/paranormal name...: Emerald
Zodiac:

darkshadow0rb wrote:
starfire wrote:Hey I would like to know about that!!!! I know how to do it with a commucation board, but didn't know you could do it with the computer!!!! So post away please!!!!!! :D
As Farrell stated shielding is important because you never know what may come though to speak to you, it could very easily be a trickster rather than one of your own spirits or entities. I will note that if you have extremely powerful protective Spirits you can be a bit more lax but I won't say it's unnecessary because you never know, something could slip past undetected somehow.

Ok, on to the fun part...
I personally don't dive straight into the keyboard thing, I like to begin with YES/NO/MAYBE questions & answers that way I've already established communication with one of my spirits and figured out who it is I'm speaking with... So I'm going to suggest you do the same, whether you do that part or skip it is entirely up to you...
Next,
You place the pendulum over the Space bar on your computer's keyboard, this is the Neutral Zone since there are no letters or numbers on it, and you ask a question. The pendulum will begin to swing in a particular direction, watch carefully which direction it begins to swing. This is the direction you will want to slowly move the pendulum in, stopping for a moment over each key it reaches while moving in this direction. The reason you want to stop over each key it reaches is because either this may be the right key, or the pendulum may begin to swing in a different direction. Always watch closely. If it is the right key, the pendulum will slowly begin to circle over the key. If the pendulum begins to swing in a different direction, slowly move the pendulum in that direction. With each key that the pendulum circles over, you may want to say them aloud, this is what I do and once I've acknowledged the letter the Spirit or Entity moves on to the next, forming a word or a whole sentence. Please note that the Spirits or Entities typically don't care for inserting spaces between the words or even punctuation, so you'll have to put the spaces in yourself in your mind, and don't expect periods, commas or exclamation points. :crazy: For example, one of my ladies said BUYMEFLOWERS -_-; lol. A different Spirit began talking gibberish at first and I had to pull the pendulum away and say "What the heck? I don't speak that language, English please... Would you like to try again?" I got the up/down swing for a YES response, and this time she TOO said BUYMEFLOWERS X_X I know it was real communication because they both wanted different types of flowers. The first one wanted ROSES and the second one who at first spoke gibberish wanted LILACS. Seems she was jealous that I said Okay to the first one's request and wanted some of her own. :lol: They know I've been having trouble sensing/seeing/hearing/feeling them and one of them suggested to me MEDITATION. I asked "Is laying in bed with my eyes closed and trying not to fall asleep but keeping my mind as clear as possible good enough for meditation?" and got a yes response. :D I also found out some pretty interesting stuff, and this is how I know the communication was real, I asked my female Khodam if she is an Angel and she said no, then I asked if she was a CLASS of Angel and she said no. Hmmm I had learned that Khodam WERE a class of Angel, so it definitely wasn't my mind influencing answers, that surprised the heck out of me, so much that I had to ask "So you mean everything I've read that says Khodam are a class of Angels is wrong???" she said yes. =O Wow! Now maybe this was referring to her specifically, maybe not ALL Khodam are a class of Angels but some are... It didn't occur to me to ask her that at the time. But I did ask her if she minds me calling her my "sweet Angel." and she said no! :D

Anyone who tries this method of communicating via the keyboard please let me know your results, if it worked for you or not and how accurate your answers were!! :) Very interested in knowing how many people can get this form of communication to work for them!!

Best of luck!!
-Angel

P.S. Pieter, if in doubt use shielding techniques or get powerful protective spirits that can protect you while using the pendulum! OR get one like the ones Elizabeth (bythepowerof3) offers on Ebay which are blessed and spelled specifically to prevent outside influences & unbounds from communicating with you through it! :D

I have done this and created my own spirit boards in the past too with the use of a pendulum and it really works! I have had 'tricksters' too and knew by the answers and energy I was feeling, but now I ask for protection and I have a great shield........this is a great way to practice and to be able to quieten down the 'ego' side. Now, I just know what the words are most of the time without using a tool. :)

Another great way is to ask a spirit companion to help you with divination which builds up your trust - take a coin and have say 4 cushions, get someone to place the coin under a cushion and ask your spirit companion to alert you to the right cushion by a signal of, say a clockwise motion....this is great for exercising your 'mental quietness' and focusing.

You can also use a pendulum with collective energy to clear and cleanse a room or object too!! (Crystal pendulum)

I have some good work sheets, if anyone s interested in them? :)

Love & Light!
Emerald x

Spirit keeper of MANY :) :) :)
jezebelle85
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

darkshadow0rb wrote:
Everyone is different and if you WANT to you CAN choose based on the properties of the stone that is used on the pendulum. But to answer your question, no, it doesn't absolutely "have to" mean something. It's all up to the individual's choice. certain stones MAY resonate better with your energy frequencies. But I would say that as long as you choose a pendulum that you like that was imbued for the purpose you intend to to use it, you can't go wrong! :)

Oh and great job posting the Grounding and Shielding techniques jezebelle85!! :D

Darkshadoworb you've changed ur picture!!! No more red hoodie? Awww u turned in to a very nice wolf :) U look sorta ... like ... alladin? For some reason that idea popped up in my mind :silly:

jezebelle85
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Emerald wrote:
darkshadow0rb wrote:
starfire wrote:Hey I would like to know about that!!!! I know how to do it with a commucation board, but didn't know you could do it with the computer!!!! So post away please!!!!!! :D
As Farrell stated shielding is important because you never know what may come though to speak to you, it could very easily be a trickster rather than one of your own spirits or entities. I will note that if you have extremely powerful protective Spirits you can be a bit more lax but I won't say it's unnecessary because you never know, something could slip past undetected somehow.

Ok, on to the fun part...
I personally don't dive straight into the keyboard thing, I like to begin with YES/NO/MAYBE questions & answers that way I've already established communication with one of my spirits and figured out who it is I'm speaking with... So I'm going to suggest you do the same, whether you do that part or skip it is entirely up to you...
Next,
You place the pendulum over the Space bar on your computer's keyboard, this is the Neutral Zone since there are no letters or numbers on it, and you ask a question. The pendulum will begin to swing in a particular direction, watch carefully which direction it begins to swing. This is the direction you will want to slowly move the pendulum in, stopping for a moment over each key it reaches while moving in this direction. The reason you want to stop over each key it reaches is because either this may be the right key, or the pendulum may begin to swing in a different direction. Always watch closely. If it is the right key, the pendulum will slowly begin to circle over the key. If the pendulum begins to swing in a different direction, slowly move the pendulum in that direction. With each key that the pendulum circles over, you may want to say them aloud, this is what I do and once I've acknowledged the letter the Spirit or Entity moves on to the next, forming a word or a whole sentence. Please note that the Spirits or Entities typically don't care for inserting spaces between the words or even punctuation, so you'll have to put the spaces in yourself in your mind, and don't expect periods, commas or exclamation points. :crazy: For example, one of my ladies said BUYMEFLOWERS -_-; lol. A different Spirit began talking gibberish at first and I had to pull the pendulum away and say "What the heck? I don't speak that language, English please... Would you like to try again?" I got the up/down swing for a YES response, and this time she TOO said BUYMEFLOWERS X_X I know it was real communication because they both wanted different types of flowers. The first one wanted ROSES and the second one who at first spoke gibberish wanted LILACS. Seems she was jealous that I said Okay to the first one's request and wanted some of her own. :lol: They know I've been having trouble sensing/seeing/hearing/feeling them and one of them suggested to me MEDITATION. I asked "Is laying in bed with my eyes closed and trying not to fall asleep but keeping my mind as clear as possible good enough for meditation?" and got a yes response. :D I also found out some pretty interesting stuff, and this is how I know the communication was real, I asked my female Khodam if she is an Angel and she said no, then I asked if she was a CLASS of Angel and she said no. Hmmm I had learned that Khodam WERE a class of Angel, so it definitely wasn't my mind influencing answers, that surprised the heck out of me, so much that I had to ask "So you mean everything I've read that says Khodam are a class of Angels is wrong???" she said yes. =O Wow! Now maybe this was referring to her specifically, maybe not ALL Khodam are a class of Angels but some are... It didn't occur to me to ask her that at the time. But I did ask her if she minds me calling her my "sweet Angel." and she said no! :D

Anyone who tries this method of communicating via the keyboard please let me know your results, if it worked for you or not and how accurate your answers were!! :) Very interested in knowing how many people can get this form of communication to work for them!!

Best of luck!!
-Angel

P.S. Pieter, if in doubt use shielding techniques or get powerful protective spirits that can protect you while using the pendulum! OR get one like the ones Elizabeth (bythepowerof3) offers on Ebay which are blessed and spelled specifically to prevent outside influences & unbounds from communicating with you through it! :D

I have done this and created my own spirit boards in the past too with the use of a pendulum and it really works! I have had 'tricksters' too and knew by the answers and energy I was feeling, but now I ask for protection and I have a great shield........this is a great way to practice and to be able to quieten down the 'ego' side. Now, I just know what the words are most of the time without using a tool. :)

Another great way is to ask a spirit companion to help you with divination which builds up your trust - take a coin and have say 4 cushions, get someone to place the coin under a cushion and ask your spirit companion to alert you to the right cushion by a signal of, say a clockwise motion....this is great for exercising your 'mental quietness' and focusing.

You can also use a pendulum with collective energy to clear and cleanse a room or object too!! (Crystal pendulum)

I have some good work sheets, if anyone s interested in them? :)

INTERESTED !!!!!!

Emerald
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
My magical/paranormal name...: Emerald
Zodiac:

First bless (cleanse) your pendulum. This is simply showing respect to the Universe for its guidance.

1.Cleanse Your Pendulum

Once you have your pendulum of choice, it is always wise and advised to cleanse it before you perform any form of divination with it. The easiest and most simple way to cleanse your pendulum would be to take some sage incense or a sage smudge stick and light them to where they are smoking well. Take your pendulum and pass it through the smoke several times. You can perform a prayer as you pass the pendulum through the smoke for added benefit if you choose. Another way for cleansing would be to make up a salt-water bath for it. If your pendulum is made from a gemstone this is a good method for cleansing. Take some cold water and mix it with some salt, preferably purification salts, though dead sea salt can also be used. Dunk your pendulum into the water several times and then when finished, dry it off very well.
For metal and wood pendulums this is not a good method as the salt can damage your pendulum, so the sage smoke cleansing method would be better suited for these pendulums.

2. How To Use Your Pendulum

After you have cleansed your pendulum it is time for you to use it. Before you use a pendulum it is always best to ensure that you perform a protection ritual or spell before hand. The reasons for this is because when using any form of divination tools such as crystal balls, scrying mirrors, or pendulums, you are opening door ways not only to your subconscious, but also to the spirit world.

Spirits often are summoned through divination whether intentionally or unintentionally to aid the seeker in finding their answers. Even if you are not calling out to the spirits for aid, they will still be attracted to the divination tool because it is a doorway from their realm to ours and they often try to step through with or without our permission. This often leads to negative entities and demonic presences that can sometimes use these tools as a means to attack the seeker. If you choose to neglect the protection ritual or spell, then be warned that you are at risk of attracting unwanted energies to you.

Take your pendulum by the chain or attached medium and hold it in-between your index finder and thumb. Rest your arm that is holding the pendulum on a table or firm surface by the elbow and let the pendulum dangle loosely. Ensure that there is enough slack for it to swing freely and without obstruction. Make sure your hand holding the pendulum is steady and does not move at all, also ensure that pendulum will not be influenced in any way by things such as a fan, open window, or air conditioning unit.

Once you are ready, close your eyes and clear your mind as best you can. It is important that you keep your mind blank. Try to envision however your subconscious mind opening up, almost like a door is opening in the back of your mind. Imagine energy coming out of this open door and shooting up from your mind and into the pendulum. Try to focus on this for several minutes. The intention of this exercise is to charge the pendulum with your energy, by charging you are making the pendulum more powerful and more accurate. Once you feel the pendulum is charged enough, open your eyes slowly, and stare at the pendulum, focus on the pendulum point (the end of the pendulum) and then ask the pendulum to show you what its response will be to a "yes" answer for a question you ask.

For example, you can ask your pendulum "Show me Yes." after you say this, wait and watch which way your pendulum will swing. Some pendulums will swing either back and forth or circular. Whichever way it goes in response to that question will be its direction for "yes". Do the same for "no"("Show me No") and ensure that the pendulum stops COMPLETELY then begins to turn in the opposite direction. This will then be "no".

Once you have seen the directions in which your pendulum is moving for yes and no answers, you can then begin to ask your questions. Begin by asking obvious questions such as..."do I work at..." or "is my name...." if the pendulum is correct in these answers then ask the questions that want an answer for.

It is always important when you ask your question to try and keep your mind BLANK when you ask. If you focus on the question you can influence the swing of the pendulum with your conscious mind, and it is the subconscious that you want to answer since the subconscious mind is the higher state of mind and holds the true answers that you seek.

If spirits are aiding you in your answers, the pendulum may vary well swing very strongly depending on the strength of the spirit. Spirits however are notorious for giving bad and inaccurate answers on purpose. If it is a good and helpful spirit this can be one of the best ways to get an accurate answers to your question. If however, you have a mischievous or malevolent spirit, they will purposefully make your pendulum reading frustrating and possibly even dangerous.

Your pendulum is a telephone that you can use to talk to your Guides, Masters, and Angels. They, in turn, are directly connected to Spirit, and Universal Intelligence. It is this very pure and clean connection that gives you correct information about you or someone else who you are trying to help. Pendulums are ancient tools, and many were found in the great pyramids of Egypt.   Using a pendulum is spiritually clean, as long as you use it with good intent, and also with the permission   of someone that has asked you to dowse for them. Permission is extremely important, in doing research for someone else.

Example one: "How To Use Your Pendulum"

Put your elbow on the table.   If you are right handed, use your right hand to dowse with the pendulum:  There is a string or chain attached to your pendulum.    Shorten it to about 2 to 3 inches from the pendulum to your thumb and index finger.  If the string is long, you will have to wait a  long time to get an answer as your pendulum will move very slow.  If your string is shorter, you  will  get answers  much faster.   Hold the string,  or chain,  with your thumb and index, and middle fingers - or what feels comfortable to you. The shorter the string, the faster the pendulum moves. Say: "Clear me. Shield me.  I invite the Holy Spirit and my Guides and  Angels, to be present and to talk to me through my pendulum."

I have many pages lol!!!

I will add a link so you can read the whole manual - I just need to add this to my site...... :)

Love & Light!
Emerald x

Spirit keeper of MANY :) :) :)

Return to “Spirit Keeping”