Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

My belief is that each immortal has their own realm and that their faithful followers will ascend to that realm when they pass away. My opinion is that "Heaven" is subjective to each person based on their personal beliefs. If anyone knows about Jane Roberts and "Seth", he seems to have a similar opinion on the afterlife that I have. Yes, I also believe "Hell" is based on a person's belief. Our whole reality is an illusion based on our individual beliefs to a certain extent.

Let's say that I am a devout follower of Nemesis and view her as my Goddess...say I believe this with my whole heart and mind. When I die, Will I go to Her realm? I think so. Everything in our reality is there due to our beliefs..we are the Cause of all the effects we feel. Does anyone else, who has a close relationship with a particular immortal, believe that they will ascend to that immortal's realm when they pass?

I mean no offense to others with different beliefs on the Afterlife. I am on my spiritual journey and it is evolving each and every moment. Thoughts?

Phil.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."- Poe
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

The afterlife progression is definitely different for everyone. Though in my experience, many realms are concrete - it's just a matter of where you end up among the countless possibilities.
And yes, I too believe to a significant extent what you experience or where you end up is reliant on your beliefs/expectations in life - our conscious exposure, reasoning and development has a great influence on our fate..in several ways, really.
But all 'is', just as all 'is not'...so conflict, an element of surprise remains a given.

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Well if that was the case, I would be all over the place :lol: ;)

To the Norse gods and goddesses, then off to the Greek gods, then off to the Egyptain gods, then off to many more :lol: ;)

I think I will be even more busy in the after life :lol: ;)

Oh and also off to see the dragons!!!! ;)

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:The afterlife progression is definitely different for everyone. Though in my experience, many realms are concrete - it's just a matter of where you end up among the countless possibilities.
And yes, I too believe to a significant extent what you experience or where you end up is reliant on your beliefs/expectations in life - our conscious exposure, reasoning and development has a great influence on our fate..in several ways, really.
But all 'is', just as all 'is not'...so conflict, an element of surprise remains a given.
I agree that many realms are concrete due to the belief that has been put into them over the centuries. Mass belief can create just about anything. "All is, just as all is not" is very true due to the state of continuous becoming or non-becoming at any given moment. The phrase "Eternal Now" comes to my mind as everything just "is" with no past or future, just the eternal present moment.

Phil.

Killa
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

So does this mean someone who doesn't believe in an afterlife and rejects the idea of having a soul would automatically cease to exist? I have heard of this before, I would have to disagree. I think whatever happens when we die will happen regardless of our belief, expectation, or lack of. It seems within our souls those who are spiritually awakened instinctively knew what they perceived to be heaven/hell like environments in a higher reality hidden from their senses. That or they had those "ideas" planted. Most concepts no matter where they originate from fit under particular archetypes which are more or less the same.

Does Heaven Exist? Sure it probably does, It would likely have it's own inhabitants, I highly doubt it's a biblical Idea of heaven.

Does Hell Exist? Sure it probably does, It would likely have it's own inhabitants, I highly doubt it's a biblical Idea of Hell.

I'm not really too much into the Subjective Reality theory that's become pretty popular lately, I think some people are too hasty in accepting this, because it's a way out for no one to accuse anybody of being wrong, while everyone can choose and accept their "Realitys". We can convince ourselves to believe anything, and our brains can accept the programming and go along with it.

When it comes to "immortals" I think whatever these "energies" are, are more related and inter-connected with one another then we choose to accept. I am aware that the real state of affairs - being for the most part beyond my perceptions of it- is probably quite different than my mental image of it. But that is okay. Nothing is perfect, and neither is our consensus or collective perceptions of the spirit worlds.

I see things like God, Heaven, Hell, and different versions of afterlifes as metaphors that transcend human concepts and cannot be labeled with words, rather then being trapped in some imaginary state of existence for all of eternity carried from there fears and beliefs held while alive.

"On the sky there is no distinction between east and west or north or south. People create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true."-Buddha

My 2 cents . :)

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

I believe that you are probly right on that Killa!!! I don't see things in black and white, and the fact that heaven or hell is anything like we have all been told of!!! After all who has been there and back? Those who have experienced near death still have their own views, so maybe they saw what they expected, or what they had been told, some saw something completely different from what was told to them!!!!

I do feel that there are a lot of realms and whether we can go to them after we pass from this one(and for me this is another realm of existence), will remain to be seen, after we leave this one!!!!

I hope that I can visit some of them as well!!! ;)

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Killarican wrote:So does this mean someone who doesn't believe in an afterlife and rejects the idea of having a soul would automatically cease to exist? I have heard of this before, I would have to disagree. I think whatever happens when we die will happen regardless of our belief, expectation, or lack of. It seems within our souls those who are spiritually awakened instinctively knew what they perceived to be heaven/hell like environments in a higher reality hidden from their senses. That or they had those "ideas" planted. Most concepts no matter where they originate from fit under particular archetypes which are more or less the same.

Does Heaven Exist? Sure it probably does, It would likely have it's own inhabitants, I highly doubt it's a biblical Idea of heaven.

Does Hell Exist? Sure it probably does, It would likely have it's own inhabitants, I highly doubt it's a biblical Idea of Hell.

I'm not really too much into the Subjective Reality theory that's become pretty popular lately, I think some people are too hasty in accepting this, because it's a way out for no one to accuse anybody of being wrong, while everyone can choose and accept their "Realitys". We can convince ourselves to believe anything, and our brains can accept the programming and go along with it.

When it comes to "immortals" I think whatever these "energies" are, are more related and inter-connected with one another then we choose to accept. I am aware that the real state of affairs - being for the most part beyond my perceptions of it- is probably quite different than my mental image of it. But that is okay. Nothing is perfect, and neither is our consensus or collective perceptions of the spirit worlds.

I see things like God, Heaven, Hell, and different versions of afterlifes as metaphors that transcend human concepts and cannot be labeled with words, rather then being trapped in some imaginary state of existence for all of eternity carried from there fears and beliefs held while alive.

"On the sky there is no distinction between east and west or north or south. People create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true."-Buddha

My 2 cents . :)
I do not think that for someone who does now have a strong belief that their soul will cease to exist as the soul always was and always will be due to being pure energy. What will happen after we pass can never be certain, but I do believe that a person's faith will play a part.

There is a generally accepted reality (GAR) that people participate in and this prevents total chaos from happening. Laws are in place and morals are there to help keep order. However, our own perception of this GAR varies from person to person. Two people can be involved in the exact same situation/event and have totally different views on what happened.

Most belief systems/faiths share a lot in common and no one faith has claim on the whole truth. I do believe that immortals are basically the same archtypes view differently based on the various cultures. There is "Love" as a concept viewed differently as various immortals to fit a cultural identity and time period..i.e Aphrodite. These immortals can be considered thoughtforms to a certain extent based on mass belief..if enough people believe in Zeus than Zeus exists for them and can influence them to an extent.

[/quote] I see things like God, Heaven, Hell, and different versions of afterlifes as metaphors that transcend human concepts and cannot be labeled with words, rather then being trapped in some imaginary state of existence for all of eternity carried from there fears and beliefs held while alive. [/quote]

I agree and a very good point.

Phil.

Return to “Immortals”