Tips and Processes When Using a Pendulum.

p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grigori and Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being human!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: p’yunik~*~chovexani
Zodiac:

I am in no way shape or form as expert when it comes to my pendulum work, but I've had a pretty good success rate with the answers I receive from it more often than not.
This is a thread more so for the people who have had a good few years if not more under their belt using and communicating with the pendulum.
The "aim" would be for them to give advice and maybe a glimpse at their methods for the people on the board that seem to be having some issues, or maybe just want to learn a little more.

Like I said, I'm not an expert, but I'll post my method that I use, and would love it if the rest of the experienced members would add to it, or post their own. I think it might help some of the members newer to using and communicating with the pendulum.

1) When I first start out, I find a relatively quiet place where I won't be disturbed, doesn't always happen, but that's the ideal situation for me.

2) I use the pendulum that works best with me. For me, it's my black obsidian from autumorange here on on CH. I like it b/c it cleanses negative energies on it's own, so it's always ready to use, and the connection i get with it is unmatched to any other for me.

3) I ask my archangel to be with me as I use the pendulum. It is her job to make sure the spirit I ask for is the only one who comes through, and to protect me from any negative or dark spirits that may want to speak with me. Usually it's her I speak with anyway, so this works well. Personally, I do not cast a circle of protection, I say a prayer... it works for me.

4) I simply ask for the spirit I wish to talk with to come forward for me, using wording similar to this:
"I ask that such and such please come here to me and speak with me" I then ask if they are willing to speak with me by a sign, usually by rotating the pendulum itself a certain direction, or, there are other ways I'll ask for. Most of the time they are willing to communicate, I have had some times though when they do not wish to communicate, and it usually turns out it's b/c they are busy doing something important.

5) Once I have the spirit I wish to speak with in my presence, I ask them a series of "preliminary" questions I call it. First I ask them to show me what yes, no, maybe/ i don't want to answer, and I don't know are. I use wording similar to this:
"Such and such, please show me yes... please show me no..." etc. Most of my spirits all use the same directions, but some like to be different.

6) After I get the yes or no directions down, I ask them a series of "identifying" questions. Although I have my arch, and trust her completely, I still ask these questions to make sure that the spirit I am talking to, is the one I want to talk to. I have a pretty good feeling for these sorts of things, but I ask anyway, there are tricky buggers out there. Some of the questions are:
"Is my name _____"
"Am I a (insert gender here"
"Am I (insert age here)"
---> these questions I GENERALLY don't use too often with spirits I've had contact with for awhile... I usually use these with spirits I have recently began communicating with, just to test and make sure the "yes and no" directions are correct.
"Do you serve the light"
---> this is an important one to me, and I ask other questions along this line as well, and yes, even my DAs serve the light.
"Would you ever harm someone if I asked/ or if you had the chance?"
---> I use this one as one of my numero uno rules is not to ever harm anyone (unless of course it is to save my or someone else's life) and the second part is because I was told by a friend who is well versed in this (I hope I don't butcher it...) that a dark or malicious spirit would never pass up the chance to hurt someone if they had the chance, nor would they lie about it... they would straight up tell you they would. If the spirit happens to answer yes to this... which *knock on wood* and God willing that's never happened to me... I would immediately break contact with the spirit.
Now, again, I GENERALLY don't ask these questions with some of my spirits as I am so familiar with their energies, I know it's them I am speaking with. But I think it is important to kind of create your own "litmus test" if you will before getting into the big questions.

7) After I go through the prelims... if at all... I begin asking the questions I would like to have answered. I stick to yes or no's obviously... and am careful with my wording. For example a question like "Can I lose 10 pounds by Friday" could of course be answered yes... but that's because it is possible... but there isn't much in the way of specifics, so if they answered yes and I ate junk food all week and then gained instead of lost 10 pounds... that's not my spirit's fault XD. Most of the time I would get a "I don't know/ I do not want to answer, maybe" answer with a vague question like that.
If I want a more in depth and accurate answer I would ask: "If I run on the treadmill everyday, stick to my diet, etc... will I lose 10 pounds by friday." that would get me a better answer... Kind of a bad example I know... but hopefully you get the gist... it's 4am here and I can't sleep to the brain is fuzzy :crazy:

8) Actually, this should be one of the first things like number 1, but I'm too lazy to edit XD.
I always try to write down the questions I would like to have answered before I go to work with the pendulum. This way, I can carefully word them, and usually they lead to other questions I wouldn't have thought of had I just been asking them off the top of my head.

9) After I have the answers I need, I thank the spirit for speaking with me and answering my questions. I then dismiss them until I ask for them again.

I hope this helps some of you... and I hope to see other members post their techniques too. I'm going to try and sleep now :lol:

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
The Phoenix wings her way through desert skies, defying Fortune's spite, revives from ashes and rise-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Ուր եք գնում, կարող եք հետեւել Աստծո լույսի ներքո :phoenix:
You share 50% of your DNA with a banana. Get over yourself.
spirits aren't pets...they don't come when called
Suess
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

LOL! Great minds think alike phoneix... I just post a blog about pendulums!! :lol:

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.... Plato
p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

XD They certainly do :D
If you would like, Suess, post the link here maybe?

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
The Phoenix wings her way through desert skies, defying Fortune's spite, revives from ashes and rise-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vamp!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Not for public consumption
Zodiac:

First I cast a circle of protection then I raise it over & beneath me like a big bubble. Then I ask my 2 Hellhounds, my wraith & my black dragon to stand guard at the the Directions to prevent anything uninvited getting in.
I state that no energy, spirit, creature or entity may come in without I invite them. Only then do I ask my questions. When I have finished, I thank my protective spirits & dismiss them, shrink then close the circle, then formally 'break' it.
That works for me. Whenever I omit this ritual, I tend to get false answers...from 'drop-ins' or whoever...

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
estrella
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thanks phoenix. This is a very helpful list for beginners like me. It didn’t occur to me to write down the questions first. But this what I’m gonna do in the future.

But how do you know which pendulum works best for you? I guess it's through a lot of trials and errors?

MoonLightWeaver
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Mongrella wrote:First I cast a circle of protection then I raise it over & beneath me like a big bubble. Then I ask my 2 Hellhounds, my wraith & my black dragon to stand guard at the the Directions to prevent anything uninvited getting in.
I state that no energy, spirit, creature or entity may come in without I invite them. Only then do I ask my questions. When I have finished, I thank my protective spirits & dismiss them, shrink then close the circle, then formally 'break' it.
That works for me. Whenever I omit this ritual, I tend to get false answers...from 'drop-ins' or whoever...

Woah..!!

When you cast the circle, which method do you use? Cause I know there are many out there.

Like, do you even call on the archangels? 0_0 The celtic cross..? Or just simply creating a shield of energy around you? Any banishing ritual of the pentagram involved...? Like cutting out pentagrams..!

Cause if you cast the circle as I do... well I don't always call on the archangels but, still it takes quite some time 0_0

Suess
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

phoenixguide496580 wrote:XD They certainly do :D
If you would like, Suess, post the link here maybe?

:thumbup: http://blog.creepyhollows.com/ ;)

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.... Plato
p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

estrella wrote:Thanks phoenix. This is a very helpful list for beginners like me. It didn’t occur to me to write down the questions first. But this what I’m gonna do in the future.

But how do you know which pendulum works best for you? I guess it's through a lot of trials and errors?
Something like trial and error yes XD
I started out with amethyst, which I had an ok response with, then moonstone which it worker but I never really felt a good connection when using. I have many more different kinds as I am fascinated with all their different properties, but once I held the obsidian in my hand I just knew, this was my pendulum.
Hope that helps.

An suess, thanks for the link :D

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vamp!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Not for public consumption
Zodiac:

re. casting a circle: I mentally draw an invoking pentagram in front of me then visualise the circle spreading out around me at about waist height. The I raise the top up & the bottom down til I am sitting in a globe of protective energy. When I am done, I work in reverse: shrink the bottom up, the top down into a circle. Then 'cut' the circle with a banishing pentagram & draw the energy back into myself, thank my guys for their help & that's it. No archangels involved.
This is the way I have developed over time which suits me - it may not work for someone else. I think it is better to do what you feel comfortable with, rather than try to follow a 'recipe' which might not really feel right for you. The intent is the important thing.

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
FeyLady
neophyte
neophyte

Mongrella wrote:
re. casting a circle: I mentally draw an invoking pentagram in front of me then visualise the circle spreading out around me at about waist height. The I raise the top up & the bottom down til I am sitting in a globe of protective energy. When I am done, I work in reverse: shrink the bottom up, the top down into a circle. Then 'cut' the circle with a banishing pentagram & draw the energy back into myself, thank my guys for their help & that's it. No archangels involved.
This is the way I have developed over time which suits me - it may not work for someone else. I think it is better to do what you feel comfortable with, rather than try to follow a 'recipe' which might not really feel right for you. The intent is the important thing.
Cool Mongrella. I do something similar. I've memorized it so that I don't have to open my book or anything. I have a simple quick circle I can do anytime and a more elaborate one I only do when I have the time to jump into a quick ritual bath first.

The quick version I do any old time is: I pull chi/energy up from below (grounding) and down from above and try to mix it and expand it in my middle/center between solar plexus and abdomen creating my big psy bubble that I keep compressing to make brighter and stronger as much as possible. While I do this I chant something meaning basically like my quote below while I visualize the energy. I seal it with visually drawing a black banishing pent below/under me. The psy bubble is white light with a greenish blue circle/border/band around it in my mind's eye.

If I'm going to get more elaborate I actually draw a double circle in white/silver around that and then call in the Elemental Guardians (not specifically the Archangels though) with their pents, and then draw a big white invoking pent in the center of the circle like yours... and then call deity in and do whatever else/workings. It actually all goes pretty quick, when I'm organized I can have the whole circle up in about 20 minutes even doing it the long way. And when I'm done yep I just retract everything except the quick version first circle which I leave up and it fades after a time.

And yea it's a recipe I came up with myself from a lot of different sources... I think it really is like creating a recipe for yourself which it can help to sample other's recipes when you're creating one that's right for yourself. :D

Best wishes!
FeyLady

Spirit of the Earth, remember
Spirit of the Sky, remember

Return to “General Questions”